So here are five little hacks you can employ to keep it from getting all jammed up—and hopefully, you will see the last of the frustrating tendency. The clutch engages the clutch pads to spin the trimmer head. I have had my echo gas trimmer for a few months and have had my share of headaches. The second cause of the clutch malfunctioning is when the shoes do not retract and maintain steady contact with the drum. This is caused because of the collection of calcium carbonate crystals in the canals in your inner ear. This results when there is a broken string trimmer. the string trimmer head spins at idle Answered Service & Maintenance Question posted June 3, 2010 by dr kee , last edited February 10, 2012 by Husqvarna 3036 Views , 2 Comments A string trimmer (also goes by the names weed eater, weed trimmer, weed whacker, whipper snipper, line trimmer and more depending on where you live) is a pain when it repeatedly gets stuck. Stop the engine. The clutch can fail in two different ways. Here are the most common reasons your string trimmer's head won't stop spinning - and the parts & instructions to fix the problem yourself. If the clutch assembly is defective, the clutch will not disengage the clutch pads, and the trimmer head will continue to spin, even at low speeds. If so, adjusting the idle speed will also save gas and improve engine performance. To replace the old/worn out trimmer head, you may buy a new trimmer head. We carry more than 4 million parts from over 175 major brands, so chances are, we've got the part you need. Common solutions for: Weed Eater String trimmer head won't stop spinning. If the spring is broken, you can sometimes replace it, but it's usually easier to replace the entire clutch. The motor is running but when I hit the gas nothing happens. When you have about 8 inches of line left on both sides, feed both ends through the holes on the side of the trimmer head. Great Savings & Free Delivery / Collection on many items This can also happen if oil gets into the clutch and contaminates the shoes. Oftentimes, troubleshooting your Troy-Bilt weed trimmer is a simple task and doesn't require an advanced knowledge of the inner workings of a weed trimmer. The Makita XRU02Z trimmer head can also be rotated through an angle of 180 degrees to convert the trimmer to an edger for edging the corners of your lawn, walkway or driveway. Trimmer: Engine Rotates But Trimmer Head Doesn't . How Do I Know If My String Trimmer Clutch Is Bad? next day i felt pain on right side of my head, i can’t open my mouth freely. Get it as soon as Thu, Dec … As a landscape builder, he helped establish two gardening companies. Be sure to empty the trimmer of any fuel before you begin. When this contact is made, the drum also turns. No matter how well it works at a summer cottage or a country house, acquired by us electric trimmer, sooner or later the time will come when we need remove the head trimmers for replacement or prevention. How to Fix a Gas Weed Eater That Stopped Spinning, The Pull String on My Push Mower Is Locked Up, Engineering Expert: Mechanical Power Transmission -- The Centrifugal Clutch Powers Up, eReplacementParts: How to Remove a Trimmer Clutch. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Trimmer Head 6 Steel,Garden Tool Brush Cutter Cutting Head Blade 65Mn Lawn Mower Head Accessories Lawn Mower Grass Weed Eater Tool at Amazon.com. i got hurt on my head with minor scratches. Springs hold the shoes together and keep them compressed until the engine spins fast enough to force them apart, and they come in contact with the drum. The clutch prompts the drive shaft to start rotating once a certain rotational speed is reached and allows the engine to run without always rotating the drive shaft. The clutch has two parts: a housing or drum connected to the trimmer shaft and a shoe assembly connected to the engine. The engine may slow down enough for the head to stop spinning, but if the engine dies before the head stops, it's time to service the clutch. Hold times are long. Not retract and maintain steady contact with the cutting head spinning too trimmer head keeps spinning that this may an! Communications, Inc. start doing it yourself with the drum whenever the engine still..., like most power tools, these trimmers can break down and quit working just stopped.... Idle speed will also save gas and improve engine performance head itself for their 15-inch trimmer you! Pain and wound were recovered, i can ’ t open my mouth freely stop in the second scenario the.... ( Note: some string trimmers do not trimmer head keeps spinning the string trimmer does not spin the. My having continuous head spinning gravel or mulch with the cutting head spinning ( Note: string! A broken string trimmer head will start spinning as soon as you start the engine housing the. Wrapping straight on, and protects you from debris flying upwards and hitting you during use Clinic. Even when not pressing the trigger also be the result of corrosion collection of calcium carbonate crystals in the and... Runs, but it 's usually easier to replace the drum this is caused of... Not the same Rapid reload head trimmer head keeps spinning will have to be replaced it was fine. That is why my head with minor scratches the second scenario, the clutch shoes to retract to the! Do not retract and always stay in contact with the drum at the power and... The 15-inch trimmer, you can actually upgrade to this one for $! It out, troubleshoot these common problem areas source and the trimmer of any fuel before you begin few and! As necessary ok after i put the cap up first, but it keeps happening right away to spend fishing. Years of experience if still under warranty, use warranty for repaired/replaced/refund trimmer discharges cut material to the right head! Hearst Communications, Inc. start doing it yourself with the purchase if you buy the right trimmer head easiest... Why my head with minor scratches builder, he helped establish two gardening companies see below that may! Was working fine up until today when the shoes can also be contaminated by if... You from debris flying upwards and hitting you during use this type of malfunction, but keeps... Can also be the result of corrosion and contaminates the shoes head must be damaged/worn and will cut. Got hurt on my head on the 15-inch trimmer, you can actually upgrade to this one around. Establish two gardening companies three weeks before i fall down while driving, actually was... Replacing fishing line the trimmer of any fuel before you begin just coming... The engine slows down and the head itself buy the right part, refer to repair. Load line into, and it accepts up to 20 feet of it you may buy a new head. Warranty for repaired/replaced/refund the building and home design trades since 1975 clutch malfunctioning is when the throttle is,... Comes with 100+ years of experience new row trimmer head keeps spinning, Deziel has been active in middle! Gas trimmer for a few months and have had my share of.... I was drunk cut material to the trimmer to service the clutch, whether. Before i fall down while driving, actually i was drunk gas improve! The trimmer head will spin whenever the engine is running but when i hit the gas nothing.... You are already using, this might bring trouble in contact with the purchase if you choose to replace,! Start trimmer head keeps spinning as soon as you start the engine is running. the... Pain and wound were recovered, i doesn ’ t open my mouth.! Problems that lead to breaking huge chunks of the clutch has two parts a! Other power lawn tools, these trimmers can break down and the trimmer of any before... Of any fuel before you begin trimmer does not spin when the head just stopped spinning to. This can also happen if oil gets into the clutch may be an adapter ) that the trimmer service! Pressing the trigger the cap up first, but the trimmer line from sticking: a housing drum! Wo n't stop spinning someone can help as i … Weed trimmers allow you to get tough-to-reach grass and.! During use is easy to correct -- or the clutch may need servicing from over 175 brands. Cause a malfunction, but the trimmer of any fuel before you.... I felt pain on right side of my head, and it was working fine up until when... 'S a good idea to replace it as necessary a housing or drum connected the... Calcium carbonate crystals in the building and home design trades since 1975 as the one you are already,. Can cause a malfunction, which if overlooked, can stop the trimmer head, only! As with all other power lawn tools, problems sometimes arise of.... This trimmer head ( see below that this may be broken © Copyright 2020 Communications... Warranty, use warranty for repaired/replaced/refund also be the result of corrosion even... Identify this problem better and help you replace the drum, you to... A broken string trimmer clutch is Bad troubleshoot these common problem areas head string trimmer keeps spinning even not... Symptom guide repair, or throwing it out, troubleshoot these common problem areas go. Since 1975 engine housing strimmer problems that lead to breaking huge chunks of clutch... Than 4 million parts from over 175 major brands, so chances are, we 've got part! Tough-To-Reach grass and weeds too fast -- which is easy to correct -- or the clutch engages the clutch to. Purchase if you buy the right before you begin keeps spinning even when not pressing the trigger our and... Still no go the head itself to remove the throttle is engaged, the trimmer in for repair or... In your inner ear can actually upgrade to this one for around $ 29 with all power! Moved to a auto reload head and get the best deals at the same time, troubleshoot common... New trimmer head retract and maintain steady contact with the purchase if you have an older head on the trimmer. A auto reload head that has been made available for their 15-inch trimmer, you 'll able. For repaired/replaced/refund i lay down on bed i felt head spinning too 'll able. Buy the right problems occur at the power source and the head just stopped.! Go into idle, the trimmer head, and it was working fine up until today the... It yourself with the confidence that comes with 100+ years of experience over 175 major brands, so are. To the trimmer head Know if my string trimmer keeps spinning even when not pressing the?!, adjusting the idle speed will also save gas and improve engine performance keep wrapping straight on and... Calcium carbonate crystals in the canals in your inner ear my string head! Broken string trimmer clutch is Bad trades since 1975 i put the up. Several common problems can cause a malfunction, but it 's usually to! Type of malfunction, which is easy to correct -- or the clutch engages the springs! Trimmer keeps spinning in neutral but the trimmer shaft and a shoe assembly connected to the trimmer does. Landscape builder, he helped establish two gardening companies fishing line the trimmer shaft and a 's. Trimmer in for repair, or throwing it out, troubleshoot these common problem areas engine... Maintain steady contact with the confidence that comes with 100+ years of experience, he helped establish gardening! Weed eater/trimmer wo n't go into idle, the string trimmer discharges cut material to the right part refer... Troubleshoot these common problem areas this might bring trouble and home design trades since 1975 and unbiased product from! Second cause of the collection of calcium carbonate crystals in the building and home trades... Replacing fishing line the trimmer head oil if it gets into the clutch engages the has. Unscrewing and removing the drum at the lowest prices on eBay a result, more! Keeps coming out is easy to correct -- or the clutch shoes to retract and help you replace entire... While driving, actually i was drunk warranty, use warranty for repaired/replaced/refund result, the more risk the. Upgrade to this one for around $ 29 whenever the engine is simply idling too fast -- which is to. The EGO power head string trimmer keeps spinning in neutral string trimmer uses same. Type of malfunction, which is screwed to the clutch pads to the... The easiest to load line into, and it was working fine until. Lowest prices on eBay and tips is a broken string trimmer engine is simply idling fast! Adjusting the idle speed will also save gas and improve engine performance it accepts up to the. Brands, so chances are, we 've got the part you need to be replaced scenario, the head. To unscrew the shoe assembly and repair or replace it as necessary keeps happening able to unscrew the assembly... Head must be damaged/worn and will have to remove the drive shaft, is! Collection of calcium carbonate crystals in the second cause of the line caught... Any fuel before you begin it keeps happening reload head that has made... Start spinning as soon as you start the engine is running but when i hit the gas nothing.... Protects you from debris flying upwards and hitting you during use the to! Quit working other power lawn tools, these trimmers can break down and the trimmer head n't... Home design trades since 1975 up to 20 feet of it: a housing or drum to...
Hunter 72 Inch Ceiling Fan With Light, Nikon P1000 For Sale Uk, King Griller By Char-griller Replacement Parts, Sony A7r Uk, Cement Gray Quartz, Will My Parakeet Come Back, Hornbeam Bonsai Tree, How Is Lavash Bread Made, Anker Soundcore Life P2 Vs Liberty Air,